Our specialist services are as follows :
Residential, Commercial and Mixed Use Block Management
Pearlmans act for various established and large managing agents and endeavour to provide a full legal back up service to block managers. This covers the entire spectrum of landlord and tenant matters including:
- Consultation and service charges issues, including lease variations to enable recovery of refurbishment costs;
- Licences to assign, underlet and for alterations and respective breach of relevant covenants;
- Repairs and dilapidation;
- Noise disturbance;
- Topical issues such as HMOs and Airbnb;
- Appointment of statutory managers and acquisition orders;
- Variation of covenants;
- Grant of new leases and licence arrangements
- Recovery of rent and service charge arrears
Residential Service Charge Collection
The vast majority of cases that we deal with are routine cases of non-payment where the service charge is not disputed. In these cases, we are able to offer a collection service without charge to the landlord.
As you will appreciate, this procedure is designed for undefended cases. We have substantial experience in dealing with defended cases both through the county court and the First-tier Tribunal where our fees are based on an agreed hourly rate.
Investment/Development Property Sales and Acquisitions
Dealing with all types of property transactions by private sale or auction, whether conditional or not and with vacant possession or subject to tenancies. Specialist matters such as planning overage can also be covered.
Commercial Property Leases and ancillary matters
- the grant of commercial leases of all types of properties, including shops, factories office blocks /office floors D2 and leisure.
- Licence to Assign and Underlet. AGAs and Rent Deposit.
- Licence for Alterations and dilapidations.
Acquisitions and Sales including First Registration at the Land Registry.
Lease Extensions, RTM and Freehold Enfranchisement
Pearlmans have long standing expertise in all aspects of lease extensions, RTM and freehold enfranchisement matters dating back to the mid-1990s and dealing with matters both inside and outside PCL for both landlords and tenants. We are members of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP), which is an accredited body in this field. Whether it is representing a landlord in a basic 90-year lease extension or a complex multi-block freehold enfranchisement claim, we cater for all aspects of the transaction, including First-tier Tribunal representation if required.